Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

St. George Dance Competition

Like I said in my last post, we went to St. George last weekend for a dance competition at Dixie High School. Our girls did every well! My advanced Jazz got 1st, my lyrical got 1st, Jackies Hip Hop got 2nd. My intermediate Jazz got 2nd, Jan's intermediate hip hop got 1st, beginning hip hop 2nd, Shayna's beginning jazz 1st, Sarah's intermediate lyrical 1st, Jan's beginning jazz 1st... And I'm not positive on the other classes. What is really neat about this competition besides being VERY WELL ORGANIZED and RAN WELL is that we got the "Performance Award" which is basically the overall studio of the day! All studio's that have 9 or more dances can qualify. They take all the studio's scores and find the average. The team with the highest average won! So even though we didn't sweep the competition with 1st's we were pretty consitant and won the overall! Very proud of the girls! My advanced Lyrical
Jackie's Hip Hop

Danielle and Stacey

Stacey and Sarah

My Advanced Jazz

No comments: