Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Blast into the Past... a Step into the Future

Talking a look at my past with Hycomp has been a lot of fun. The pictures below just do not truly show what a grand time I've had working for an amazing company and with such high caliber of people. I started at Hycomp 9-1/2 years ago. I've held a vast number of positions there even though technically I've only had 3 distinct titles. I was hired in May 2004 as the Receptionist. I was employee number 7 at the time. Hycomp was a small company and it was such a tight knit group of individuals. Being so small we all wore Many hats. I answered phones, purchased parts, did receiving, inventory and shipping, facilities, running errands, moving tools, cleaning parts, entering paperwork, planning parties and more! A year or so into my employment I was moved into a new position for Hycomp called Document Control. Hycomp was in the process of writing a Quality Management System and I was chosen to head up overseeing the flow of documents as well as the main area of drawings. I was in the Document Control position (as well as answering phones, pulling inventory, purchasing etc) for nearly 5 years. I loved my job. My boss even offered me a raise to keep me at Hycomp when I graduated from Utah State in 2008. In August 2010, I was offered the position of the Operations Manager. I was nervous but excited. I had never managed people before and I really liked my job in Document Control. I took the job because of a few people. 1-my boss, 2- our Financial Manager and 3-my best friend. I am so glad I did. The last 3 years have been very rewarding but also the most stressful in my career.  I would like to say I know and at the time, knew, a lot about Hycomp. Part of that was because as a small company we all wore many hats so as we grew I still knew how to do everything (or most everything) even though I had other responsibilities. With Luck being on my side I have been very successful at Hycomp and I have really enjoyed the people, the environment and the company. I've met and worked with some really amazing people and I have friendships I'll cherish forever.

This coming Tuesday I take another step into my future and take on a new role at Hycomp. After 3 weeks of discussions on the new position and my boss finally saying Stac, I need an answer... I accepted a new position about a month ago. I have not yet started my new role because we had not yet replaced me. Hycomp hired a Director of Operations this week who will replace me as well as take on additional roles overseeing Production and Quality and he starts on Tuesday. Tuesday will be a new life for me at Hycomp. I'm excited but nervous for the change. I've always trusted Hycomp with my job and will continue to do that next week as their new Continual Improvement Manager. 
Trust...It's what Hycomp builds. 

Here is a look into my past at Hycomp. It's been a great ride and I look forward to many more great years to come.



























No comments: