On this Thanksgiving day I have much to give thanks to. I haven't been keeping my blog as updated and current as I'd like to but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the chance to write some thoughts down on this day. So here are some things I'm thankful for (and not necessarily in order of importance, I just didn't want to switch around my photos).
1. My parents. I love my mom and dad oh so much and really more than words explain. I can't describe the level of gratitude I have for each of them and everything they do for me, my sisters and our family. They are selfless and give up so much so we can and did have the lives they gave us. I have learned bounds from each of them. From my bottom of my heart they mean the world to me.
2. To go along with the above picture, I'm also thankful for my education. I took college for granted at points and now that I'm back in class I see how much I overlooked. I loved my college years and am so glad I earned my degree. Having that simple piece of paper means more than just a degree. It's the long hours of studying, many papers written, student teaching hours at Sky View, books read, stress absorbed and hard work achieved. I may not use my degree but I wouldn't give it up for anything.
3. Andy. I could go on about how much this guy means to me and more but to sum it all up there isn't enough words to explain it. He is an amazing dad and loves his daughter more than life itself. He is an amazing and hard worker, fixes and builds anything I ask him to, he has loads of amazing ideas in that brain of his, he cooks, cleans, is fun, and goes out of his way to make sure that we are happy. I love his spontaneous personality and his friendly advice.
4. Friends. I love my friends. These two ladies along with a few others have been there with me through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. They give it to me straight and comfort me often. Though I haven't made every right decision in life they are there to pick my head up when it's down. We have had a blast together and I look forward to many more girls night with laughter, gossip, and the low down on life. Thanks ladies. Megan, Julie, and Alexis
5. My nieces and Nephews! Since I don't have kids of my own I thoroughly enjoy spoiling these beauties. I technically have 10 now so not all of them are pictured but I really look up to them because they bring so much joy into my life. I can't tell you how good it is to see your nephew or niece run up and hug you when you get to their house. I love that feeling.
6. My Relay for Life Family. I've grown so fond of so many people the last 5 years I've been working with and supporting Relay for Life. It truly shows how everyone is battling their own fights and how different lives can be. I'm happy to join together for such an amazing cause so near and dear to my heart.
7. The beautiful country, state and valley I live in.
8. This little gem! Oh she is so adorable. She can turn a gloomy day into a joyful one super quick. She has grown into a sweet personality and I just adore her. Though I am not and will never be her mom, I consider her like a daughter. She loves her daddy so much but the amount of love she can share for another person amazes me. She has a great heart and potential in life and I can't wait to see what she will excel in. I'm thankful for everyday we get to spend together.
9. Family - I love them. They all have a special place in my heart and have gone above and beyond for me in some way or another. I'm thankful for each one of them!
10. Talents. 5 years ago I would not have expected to be where I am today. I had an amazing opportunity to excel in my photography business and can't be thankful enough. I have the best clients ever so support me through all my learning curves, crazy ideas, scheduling and more.
11. My past. Who says they are thankful for their past, right? Well I am. I had some wonderful people in my life for many years while I was previously married and I'm so thankful for them, their example, and their friendships. They helped shape me into who I am today.
12. Memories. I love that I have a good memory and can recall super fun activities and days I spend with family, friends and loved ones. I may one day not be so fortunate to recall my past and people and I hope to never take what I have for granted.