Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Update on Max!

Max is an expensive pet, that's for sure! He's been to the vet 3 times in 28 days... BUT he's doing much better! I remember a few months ago, Kira had a dance recital fundraiser at LaShar's and Max had a really bad day so I took him with me. He sat in my arms, cuddling me and was super quiet. That started our road to recovery and though it's taken some time he's finally more and more himself! He's had blood work done 3 times and it's more normal. His shot has changed and the dosage is more in line with his weight. He weighted 7 lbs when I took him into the vet in Sept 2013 when he was diagnosed with Addison's. He now weights 13.7 lbs so he's much bigger and has more mass so the shot wasn't enough to fill his needs. He is supposed to be about a 12 lb dog, so they put him on a slight diet to get back down a little. He's hungry ALL THE TIME so that's hard. And he barks at me when I wont feed him. Poor guy. BUT his road to recovery is looking much better. Still on daily pills and monthly shots but less and less "off" times and much less crisis mode panic attacks by me. I sure do love this little guy! 



No comments: